Emory’s Visual Scholarship Initiative offers its grant to support Emory graduate summer research or scholarly production that engages with visual, auditory, or performance-based scholarship. The amount of the award is up to $1000. While this grant may be used to support any stage of a research project, preference will be given toward applications in which the grant will be used to facilitate the completion of a project or a crucial phase of a project.
About the Grant
- Up to $1000 will be awarded to one or more recipients
- The grant will be divided if two or more projects are chosen
- Funds must go towards research conducted or a project presented during the Fall of 2014
- Funds may be used for equipment, travel, or other expenses associated with conducting research
- All applicants may have a short summary/abstract (and potentially image) of their project posted on the VSI website; winning projects may also be featured on the site
- Recipients of the awards will be required to write a short summary (maximum of two single-spaced pages) of how the funds were used and how the research progressed
How to Apply
Please send an email with the following information to emoryvsi [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject line: “VSI Grant Application” by 5 5pm April 24th, 2014. Recipients will be notified by April 26th, 2014.
**If you are selected for the grant, you must be prepared to hand in a W9 form to the VSI Treasurer or President the following Monday (April 28th) in order to receive funds.***
- Cover sheet (click here for VSI_grant_cover_sheet)
- No more than 500 word description of the overall project including: Topic/research question; Methods; Form of presentation to a relevant scholarly community or public; Any other sources of funding (note whether these sources have been secured)
- Component of the project which the VSI grant will support